Wednesday, July 19, 2017

One year later.. 2017



I am back on blogging. I completely forgot about this blog. A lot has happened over the past year. I have changed jobs twice. I left my call center job in February of this year. I actually got fired due to some personal matters with a coworkers. It was a bit drastic and also surprising to find out about the coworkers behaviors, since I knew them very closely. I ended up finding a teacher assistant position in this preschool for students with disabilities as well. I worked with a studentt that had autism very closely. I enjoyed it so much, and yet it was also very stressful. At first I was a floating teacher assistant. I would go from one classroom to another.

The issue with that was the teachers and other teacher assistants expected me to know everything about the students that I knew nothing about. I had no knowledge of their allergies or special food diets or behaviors. I went to many classrooms and was basically floating around. Then afterschool there is also a daycare program. I would go to whichever teachers needed assistance. One day one of the T.A's had forgotten to mention that a student was picked up by their mother on the way downstairs into another classroom. So I was in panic mode and the teacher who was signing them into her classroom obviously made it seem as though it was my fault. I was helping a few students get there things, while the T.A was taking the rest down stairs. She was supposed to let us know the parent came and the parent was supposed to sign out the student from the classroom we were heading to, instead of taking her daughter from the hallway. So I was sent to just work in the toddler rooms only. If anything it made it easier for me, and I didn't have to run around as much. The same for the school hours, I was in just one classroom because the main teacher quit and so I was there to assist the sub teachjer. She turned into a permanent teacher and I became the assistant teacher. There were 8 students.Two students were Arabicc, one was autistic, anoter was on the spectrum of autistic, one student was a choker, and another ate ramen noodles at home and nothing else.

I enjoyed it a lot. the only downside was changing those diapers. I am sure now,  I am a pro at it, but it still sucks to change very poopy diapers. The student that choked another was really hard to handle. The other issue was that the school was understaffed. Some classes had 3 teachers, usually  teachder worked one on one with a student who had disabilities . It was me with the autistic student, but I was not really trained or supposed to be that. The other issue was there was no help for the autisitc stuent until the end of the school year. There were PTs and OTs and STs for these students, this student needed it the most and got it last. He could not even respond to his own name.

THere was this one student that I loved named Naomi. She was adorable, sweet, a little mischevious, she loved food, and was a bit chubby. SHe struggled with paying attention when walking around, she had trouble with the stairs, and she was not very verbal. She wore glasses and her father resembled Will Smith. Another one of my most favorite student was Jesaan. He was the best student in the claI hope to ss, he followed all the rules, and never bothered or hurt anyone. Sometimes though he would say some of the funniest and weird things that you know he learned from some relative or cousins. I hope to have kids like him one day. We raised butterflies that lived brutal lives. There were 5 in the beginning. Only 3 made it in the end. One caterpillar never turned into a butterfly. One butterfly got stuck in its cuccoon. We taught the kids to plant. We went to a farm as a field trip. It was definitely a great learning experience. Sadly, ther was an incident where Naomi went issing for 2 hours during daycare. It was the same T.A who had let the parent pick up their child in the hallway. She forgot to count all the students in the playground, so Naomi was left outside in the sun. When the mother came to get her, that is when they noticed she went missing. So along with the T.A was anoter T.A. They both were fired.

Now at the end of the 6 months of working at the school I was suppose to obtain a teacher assistant license. I am planning to go back to school so I don't need that. Plus I was getting paid a bit less than my last job. So now I applied for another call center job. Now I just finished my 2 weeks in training, just one more to go. I am already taking some calls. It is for a temp agency job. I will take calls regarding leases on cars for GM. It seems alright. I am planning to get a car trough a lease or finance now that I learned all of this. I went to Canada during the July 4th weekend. I went there and celebrated Canada Independence Day. I went with a friend to Bruce Peninsula, where we swam to this underwater cave called The Grotto. It was pretty dangerous, and once we looked it up, we realized the water level was much higher so we went at a very dangerous time.. I also swam with my phone risking to take some pictiures. My phone works still. I guess ziplock in a grocery bag in a gym bag really works. Even though the grocery bag had a hole and didn't do much, the ziplock was good enough. It was a once in a lifetime experience. I also went snorkleing and saw underwater shipwrecks. Then the next day I went to Toronto. We went to the Ripleys Aquarium and on a night boat cruise to see the Toronto city skyline. There was the giant rubber ducky, which was fun to se.e Oh and I also went to California earlier in April. It was a short 4 day trip but truly amazing and breath taking. I wish to go and live there one day.

Other than that I have just been enjoying my time, brainstorming on saving more money and hoopefully getting more out of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment