Sunday, July 12, 2015

Job, School. . . . Caterpillars


                    I had a decent week at work, I managed to be late only once. I woke up early-ish. The problem was I didn't have money to pay for the bus, and I tried using my buss pass from the other day hoping I could get by using it. It did not work. Then I had to go to a Walgreens, wait for it to open, buy markers, and get $5 out. The bus fare is $2.00. It is so frusterating, because the Buffalo metro bus system sucks. There is no air conditioning, the buses come every 30 minutes to and hour. The last bus on a week day is at 9 p.m to 10 p.m and on a weekend 5 p.m to 8 p.m. People do go out on weekends I would assume? There are so many college students and international students here who rely on public transportation, yet the bus system, doesn't seem to get that. Then the issue with the bus stop posts, some don't have seating areas, just a post, like a stop sign. It is ridiculous. I remember mentioning my winter hair story, that made me wonder, why they don't have seating for every bus stop if it snows intensely. If Canada can put seating with closed in glass doors on every single bus stop, why can't Buffalo do that? Anyway, so I was an hour late to work, I made up an excuse that I woke up late, and the manager that I work under, was really angry and told me I would lose my job if I came late again. I really hate how I don't have a car. It is truly depressing, everytime I think of the time I would save, by driving. I mean I could get to work in 15 minutes, if I had a car. I could drive in snow, even though not really, but its better than walking in it. I would be able to go out and have a life. The only good thing is I am an active walker.

                                 

               Today my cat found a worm/caterpillar/unknown creature. She came running in my room meowing, and panicking. I thought she got hurt or was in pain. She seemed scared, and it is very rare I see her like that. I tried to look to see what is wrong with her, and she hid under my desk. But suddenly the way she was acting seemed familiar. I saw she was looking at something and looking at me. So it made me remember when she found the baby birds. That is the only time she acts like that. It is so hillarious and cute, but so weird. I was worried, and suddenly relieved, but also weirded out, because it was a worm or caterpillar or something. I mean I don't get why my cat does this. She just drops it in front of me, and not like here I got you something.. But more like, I found something! There is something wrong with it! Help it! What is it!! That is how her meows sound to me. I mean maybe in another life my cat was a nurse or doctor,, working in an ambulance. It was one weird creepy looking worm/caterpillar. It kept moving and swirling, it was maybe 2 inches long, and looked like a pinkie finger of a zombie. I managed to throw it outside with magazine paper. It was like looking at me, it turned around looked straight up at me? I think it might have been a baby snake?? It had one eye, either that or a bubble on its forehead. It was a really weird, creepy looking worm/caterpillar. I might add also ugly. My cat kept playing with it. I broomed it into a bush, and my cat was still playing with it. I had to throw that thing in the middle of the backyard. It was just the weirdest thing I have ever seen. It literally looked at me. It moved its head up, even though it is all one thing. It looked kinda angry. Gross, I feel irritated. It is so good my cat did not throw it on my bed. I know she did that with the baby bird. I just hope I don't get any diseases. But the way my cat acted was so funny. I have never seen her so worried. I think she was even amazed by what it was.


          Ok I just looked up the name of this creature, its a Abott Sphinx Caterpillar. Thank God, I was beginning to think it was some alien creature. The one eye, it was just so freaky. I put a picture above as well.

          I also am taking an onlin English course. It is a bit weird as well. The class is on Word Press, and I guess I am suppose to write comments on what is assigned to read. It is called New Media, but its basically about video games and history of it, whether it is art, and what not. It is strange, because I am not sure if I am doing the blogging right, a lot of the students are writing so much for a comment, but the syllabus says 100 words or more. He said to write at least a paragraph. I am doing that. But I feel that maybe I will write a bit more, to be more involved. There has to be 3 comments a week. It is a 6 week course. I also am worried about my trip to Long Island actually happening. I told my manager about it, I don't know if she approved it. It sucks because if I wanted to give my shift to anyone I can't because there are only like 5 people that work in this department, and they all work the same time as me. I really hope I get the 6 days off, I already bought the bus ticket, my mom, sisters, brother are going. I am definitely going. I mean if thet say no, I will still go. I want to see my mom. I don't care I can find another job. The mall is hiring all over the place. I can easily apply for another job. I just hate leaving it for something so menial. I am just worried, I don't want to seem like I don't care about the job.

          I do know that they make me work my ace off. I mean on Friday I had a shift from 6:30 a.m to 3:30 p.m. I get a 15 minute break, and a 1 hour unpaid break. But that day was hell, because right after I went to get groceries. The university bus comes to the mall, and takes students to main shopping areas, like Wal-mart, Target, other grocery stores, and the mall. I needed to get rice and meat. But anyway, I got home by 6 p.m. My feet were killing me, and near my ankles the skin was blue. I don't know why. I know my feet are being brutalized, just from walking and standing for so long. I basically take things from storage rooms and put them out on shelves. But I also take those things out from the boxes that come in the trucks, and put them all on racks in the storage rooms, to then be taken out and put on shelves in the store. The cutting of boxes, and taking things out is the hardest because, I am not strong enough to carry heavy things. I really feel that this job is not for women. I have trouble reaching for the high shelves, I can't push the racks sometimes. I mean its a lot of physical labor. I hate it. I only think I will lose a ton of weight. I mean, it is intense. Then there is also price changing, and I use this ipod gadget that checks prices, and where the fixtures for items go. It is interesting though, I never realized how much work goes into retail. I mean I went to Wal-mart, I can only imagine all the stuff they have to put out.



I also have been thinking of moving out. My room mates did not listen to anything I said. Their friends still come over every day, and sleep over. Like today that happened. I had to move the disgusting rotting dishes from the counter to under a table, which it is still sitting there, with bottles filled with pee added as well. Those dishes have been dirty for over 3 weeks now. It is truly disgusting. I have looked at some places which look so much better its insane, why I am torturing myself to live here. I mean some houses I saw were really nice. With clean bathrooms, and great living room and kitchen. The only concern is my cat. She has such a good time playing outside. The good thing about the place I just saw, is that is closer to where I used to live, and much closer to both my school bus stop but also the metro bus stop. It is only 5 minutes walk. I live about 2 blocks from the campus right now, but I also have to cross through the entire campus. So I live on the backside of the campus basically. The house is really close to grocery store, restaurants, and so much more. There might be a room with a balcony. I don't know if it has a backyard. I just don't want to move because of my room mates bothering me.


             I know my mom is coming in July, and I know the landlord is suppose to renovate the bathroom and kitchen. I am just so worried, because if she sees my room mates, she might freak out. If she sees my bathroom, or at least the tub, oh my, it is gross. I will have to replace the shower curtain that is used to cover the mold on the wall. There is a glass door, but one of the door is disgusting and also covered with shower curtain. Basically the walls are disgusting. The ceiling and walls have chipping paint, and some weird gray stains. The mirror is a bunch of small mirrors as one giant mirror. The window, is the weirdest. It looks like a 70s' retro style bathroom, pink tiles half on the wall, then odd multi color with pink tiny tiles on the floor, and pink tub. The bathroom is decent size, just old and moldy. The kitchen is small, but okay, just missing a 3 cabinet doors, and there is this ugly stain dirt thing, from where the fridge used to be. Also the dishes, and what not. So I know I will be dying after I clean and attempt to beautify the place. I also will try to beg my room mates to not be loud, not do drugs, or drink, or bring friends home. I wish I could beg them to stay upstairs for that week. It is tough living with men. The place I looked at is for girls, I only saw it online so far. I might check it out tomorrow or this week. The thing that I love about my place is it has a big closet, I changed the shelf I had for another desk and a dressing table. No mirror though, but I bought my own the long mirrors. The desks were just in a room of my other room mates. It was locked up until now that these new guys moved in. It also has a mini fridge, that I might try to get. But lets see. The new place, from the pics the rooms look decent. The price would be a bit more, but it is clean, and I am just thinking about walking less would help. I guess I could sacrfice a backyard, and big closet for a nicer bathroom and kitchen and living room, and clean female room mates..... Tough decisions.



No comments:

Post a Comment