Saturday, March 14, 2015

Spring Break, Future, Peace Corps...



       As of tomorrow I will have Spring Break, or technically as of today. What is irritating is today is my ex bf's birthday. It is also Pi day :) and I believe it is also Albert Einstein's birthday. I just finished packing at 3:00 a.m. My cat is upstairs in my upper room mate's room, as he will cat-sit her. I miss her already. I feel cat-less.  I bought some small gifts for my Aunt and cousins, whom I will visit. I will also hang out with a friend from college, she graduated last semester, kinda miss her. :) I will also meet a high school friend and she was also my neighbor. She is probably my oldest friend that I still hang out with, yet I don't talk to her all the time. I barely talk to her online. I do miss her, and last time I saw her was last year in June. So its not so bad. I am so excited, I miss New York so much. I live in Buffalo, NY. When I say I miss New York I usually mean the city as in; New York, NY. Somewhere I read that saying New York City is amateur. You don't have to add "City" to it, since it already is a city. I think it makes sense. If you get caught saying New York City, most New Yorkers will think you aren't from New York.

       Last time I was in New York, was technically in January, but I was only there for maybe an hour? I had gone to visit my mother in Texas for winter break. There were a lot of delays in coming back due to weather. I had been re-routed to N.J, yet the flight got cancelled again. So I was in New York to see if I could take the bus back. But I had my cat with me, so it was definitely odd walking in New York streets with my pet carrier. My cat was scared. Hey, she is a traveling cat at least. It was my first time taking her on a flight. She was too sweet, and too scared to come out of her cage. I ended up staying at a hotel in N.J which was really nice. It had 2 queen beds, a sofa, a coffee table, a huge walk in closet, a bathroom, a fridge, and a desk with office chair only $70.00 in American Inn. I ended up staying one day, since my sister helped me get a flight for the next day instead of two days. My cat peed on one of the beds. I had to flip over the mattress and hide the bed sheet in the empty closet. I managed to walk around outside, went to a dollar store bought some snacks and cat food, then went to a Carribean place and bought some jerk chicken. One of the most oddest and interesting experience in my life. I cried a lot cause of stress, and in so many cancellations. I went from Lubbock, to Dallas, to N.J, to Buffalo. Originally I had it as Houston, to Chicago, to Buffalo. I missed my Houston flight so it was changed to Dallas to Buffalo. I had to stay overnight in a hotel in Dallas, as my flight was at 6:00 a.m. I missed my Buffalo flight so I was sent to N.J. The Buffalo flight was cancelled so hence, my dillema. I was stressed mostly because I had a winter class starting and I really didn't want to miss any class. But it was okay, and I got a B+ in the class. :)

       As for my future, I have been trying to write articles to publish on websites. I want to put my writing out there. So I have gotten 2 articles on thoughtcatalog.com and I had randomly published an article on WikiHow, only because that was the first article I sent to Thought Catalog but I didn't get any feedback. So I posted it on WikiHow. I just found out that my article was so good that it was put on the Rising Star criteria, because it was new, and I only published one article. The editors really liked my article. :) I feel so good and happy. Just when I start feeling down, I look up, and surprise. I never thought I was that good in my writing.

Now Peace Corp, I can go into.. But I am feeling sleepy.

Lubbock, Texas


Doobie :x)

No comments:

Post a Comment